I’m honored to be a Founding Member of this movement to help women in developing countries so they too can know what it feels like to change their lives, their family’s lives and their communities.
Along with my fellow members, I feel a responsibility to help women in developing countries so they too can know what it feels like to change their lives, their family’s lives and their communities. Just $50 allows one woman to go through the entire empowerment program of PCI (Project Concern International), teaching her a wealth of business skills and providing the support to start her own small business. This leads to independence and earning power she otherwise would never know. To date, more than $200,000 has been raised, allowing 4,000 women in Guatemala to enter the program. These women are now learning to:
- read and write for the first time
- have the courage to stand in front of a room and lead others
- handle and invest money
- have a bigger voice in their home environments and communities
- develop a business and have financial independence for the first time ever
- create better opportunities for their kids
- believe they are WORTH more, and can create a different future than what they’ve seen reflected in the women around them.
To learn more visit pciglobal.org/romi and consider changing the life of one of your global sisters with just $10 a month for 5 months. Together we can make a big difference. I hope you consider joining the movement!